Turmeric Plant is a plant that does not have much wood and its stems. The turmeric powder is mixed with cooked vegetables to make it tasty. The average height of turmeric tree is around 60-90cm. It grows very fast and produces flowers and seeds in a very short span of time. The seeds of turmeric tree are not viable. It plants looks like ginger plant and widely cultivated in different part of India.
It is planted in the month of September - October. It requires light black, loamy and red soils. It requires proper irrigation on regular basis to grow well.
Medicinal Uses:1. A mixture of milk and turmeric powder gives relief from cough.
2. It works as blood purifier and widely used in the treatment of cough, wounds, cold, leprosy, intermittent, affections of the liver, dropsy, inflammation and wound healing.
3. The Turmeric powder is used to make aromatic and antiseptic cream.
4. It is used to make skin tonic and skin cream.
5. It is used to give cooked food good flavor and color.
6. It is widely used in the preparation of medicinal oils, ointments and poultice.
Other Uses:1. It has a great importance in Hindu religious ceremonies.
2. The dry turmeric root is considered as the symbol of purity and prosperity. So it is used in Indian rituals.
3. The dried turmeric roots in betel leaves are given to the women during the ceremonies as they are considered as fertile and bring good luck.
4. Turmeric powder is rubbing on the face and other parts of body to get natural beauty.