Saturday, July 17, 2010
Arjuna Tree is one of the sacred tree and worshiped in India by Hindus. Arjuna Tree is the large size tree. Its height is approximately 100 feet. Its a evergreen tree. Its leaves are yellowish and flowers are conical shaped.
Its fruit is upto 3.5 cm long, full of fibre, glabrous with 5 hard wings. Arjuna Tree flowers between March to June and fruits between September to
1. The Bark of Arjuna Tree are huge resource of Calcium, Magnesium and glucosides. So it is used for curing dysentry and earache.
2. Arjuna Powder is taken ragularly which helps to keep cholesterol level normal.
3. It is taken for maintaining and functioning our heart properly. It is also taken for strengthen our heart muscles.
4. It is also taken for improving the cardiac muscles.
5. It is used in the treatment of many other diseases like: hypercholesterolemia, coronary artery diseases, heart failure, edema, angina etc.
6. Its powder is very beneficial in the treatment of Asthma.
1. It is planted in the villages for shade and making agricultaral implements and weapons.
2. Its twing is used in making home because its twing is hard.