Monday, July 1, 2013
Monday, May 13, 2013
Jasmine flower is planted in all over India as Hindu worship the God and offer jasmine flowers to the God.
It is propagated in summer. It can be cultivated in drained and moist soil. Adding cow dung helps to grow it well. It is propagated through wood cuttings and softwood cuttings. It requires full sun, partial shade and proper watering time to time.
- Jasmine flower is used for removing intestinal worms
- It is used in the treatment of jaundice and venereal diseases
- The flower buds are useful in treating ulcers, vesicles, boils, skin diseases and eye disorders.
- The leaves extracts of Jasmine flowers is good against breast tumours.
- It is added with tea for good flavor. Drinking Jasmine tea regularly helps in curing cancer.
- Jasmine oil is poured on head for calming and relaxing. It has very good odour.
Other uses :
- Jasmine oil is used used for making perfumes and incense.
- Its flowers are used to flavor Jasmine tea and other herbal or black tea.
- Its oil is also used in creams, shampoos and soaps.
- Jasmine flowers are stringed together to make garlands and worshiping the God.
- Women in India wear this flower in their hair for natural scent.
- Some communities even use this flower to cover the face of the bridegroom.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Medical Uses of Marigold Flower:
1. Marigold is used for stomach upset, ulcers, menstrual period problems, eye infections, inflammations, and for wound healing.
2. It is used in antiseptic
3. Rubbing of Marigold flower gives relief so it is rubbed on affected parts caused by wasp or bee.
4. Marigold Flowers is used for makking lotion which is useful for sprains and wounds and a water distilled from them is good the sore eyes.
5. The infusion of the freshly gathered flowers is beneficial in fever.
6. It is used for children ailment.
7. It is used in the treatment of alopecia.
8. Marigold Flowers is used to treat bladder and kidney problems, blood in the urine, uterine bleeding and many more.
1. Fresh Marigold flowers are used to make garlands
2. It is used on religious places
3. It is used in party, wedding, reception for decoration
4. The leaves of its flowers are used in Salads
5. Pigments in the Marigold are sometimes extracted and used as the food colouring for humans and livestock.
6. The burning herb repels insects and flies.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Rosemary plant is essential plant for any summer garden. Chefs and, used this plant since the beginning of time.
Rosemary is known for its healing abilities. It is used to enhance memory and in the days of old, to warts from the plague. Love grass, brides are known to use this herb in their ceremony, love to wear a wreath Rosemary around the neck. In the olden days Rosemary Herb Chambers also burned in sick to clean air.
Fast forward to the current time, you will find Rosemary is mostly used for garden hedge. Rosemary plant produces beautiful Orchid blossoms turquoise blue flower, as at the beginning of the summer. With a new variety of Rosemary, it can grow up to eight feet for several years.
Where better to grow
Rosemary loves and thrives in a sunny location. It tends to be protected from cold winter winds. This plant does not see pulled out of the ground and placed in pots in the winter, to be placed and protected from the harsh cold weather.
What type of soil
Rosemary plant prefers to live in the soil that drains well. Planting should be done inside during the spring and moved outdoors to swim in sunny summer months, or plant outside during the summer. You can, if you choose, plant Rosemary in a saucepan and place in a sunny window.
When spread, this can be done by cuttings or layering. Leave about 2 or 3 feet between the landing. This plant will also be quite happy that grew up in the building of the Solar window.
Harvest your Bounty
You can harvest Rosemary all year round by letter to bloom. I love using the Woody stems of dried, to throw on the fire or barbecue for his wonderful fragrance and warts from insects.
Save your Bounty
When it comes time for drying Rosemary, dry leathery needle as sprigs and branches than the strip of leaves before they are stored. For their flavor of succulent leaves, crush them just before you want to use them.
Rosemary plant also offers many uses around the House. From cleaning to cooking, this plant is a wonderful addition to any indoor or outdoor garden.
There are several different varieties of Rosemary, but they basically all have the same characteristics.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
What green vegetable, you mother feed you when you were child. If the answer is Spinach (Palak) then you must thank your mother.
Spinach is a green vegetable rich of heart healthy vitamin A and C. The vitamin B Complex which is very essential for our body is also found in Spinach. The Recent studies says that 30% of daily magnesium requirement for body can be achieved having a cup of Spinach. One more added advantage of having Spinach is that it is very low in calories so no need extra efforts to burn it.
Health benefits of eating spinach:
Fight off osteoporosis and cancer: Spinach is full of vitamins and minerals. It fulfills the requirements of water for your body and ward off unwanted diseases caused due to lack of water. It is rich of Iron so good for bone especially for women. Research says that having Spinach in diet may prevent from cancer and many other diseases.
Better for vision: It is rich of vitamin A. Vitamin A is very good for eye vision. Research shows that adding spinach in diet reduces the risk of night blindness and many other eye diseases.
Heal your body: It is rich of Folic Acid which is very good for our body as it helps our body to heal any wound and cut. It is present in rich amounts in spinach and helps your body to make and repair DNA and cells. It helps our body to heal itself.
Power up the antioxidants: It is a great source of antioxidants. The benefits of antioxidants are manifold. It helps you to reduce unwanted and harmful things from your body and fight with free radicals which are produced by your body during its normal processes. The more free radicals are stored in body, the more there is chance of heart diseases and many other diseases.
Perfect for weight loss: It is rich of mineral which helps us to lose our weight. As we know, Spinach is full of nutrients and contains practically no calories; it’s perfect for our diet. Good to use with a liberal hand in your salads, soups, and sabzis! This vegetable has numbers of benefits and no harm at all.
Keep your PMS in check: This may be news for you. Magnesium in spinach helps reduce the symptoms of PMS. Keep the bloated feeling and irritation to a minimum, indulge in some palak.
Keep your heart healthy: Vitamin A and C is very good to heart and Spinach is a good resource of it. Adding spinach daily in diet reduce cholesterol levels which in turn lead to better cardiac health.Good for immune system: Spinach is rich of nutrients and having it daily does wonders for your immune system. It protects us from common colds and cough. If you want to protect your
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
It is propagated in almost all part of India. Most of the people propagate it in earth pot and decorate their houses with it.
Rose flowers can be propagated by the seeds, cuttings, layers and by budding. Budding is the most usual method to propagate it. It requires at least six hours sun light to grow well. The best time for its cultivation is between September to October. It requires manures and fertilizers only at the time of planting. Besides, it requires water every week and presence of direct sunlight.
Medicinal uses :
- It is used to make Gulab Jal which gives us freshness when we wash our face with it.
- The fruits of roses are rich of vitamin C so it is used in the treatment of many diseases.
- Rose Petals are used by the Indian women to get healthy and glowing skin.
- Its herbal tea is very effective in the treatment of cold and cough.
- The rose scent is most demanded in market due to its fragrance.
- Rose has highly importance in relaxing therapy.
- It is used in Jam and jellies. It increases its flavor and make it even more delicious.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
The Lotus Flower opens in the morning and the petals fall in the afternoon. So, many times, when some insects goes inside it in evening to suck the sweet flowers, gets out only in morning when it opens in the sun light.
It is cultivated through seeds. Its seeds are rooted in the damp soil. It requires proper sun light around 6 hours a day to grow.
Medicinal uses :
1. Lotus seeds are used as astringent and and used to cure kidney, spleen, and heart related diseases.
2. Lotus seeds are used to treat weak sexual function in men and leukorrhea in women.
3. Lotus seeds also helps in curing many diseases like restlessness, palpitation and insomnia.
4. There is green embryo inside the lotus seeds. Having it benefits the heart.
5. The Lotus disorders are very helpful in heart and liver disorders.
6. It is prescribes as an antidote for mushroom poisoning.
7. Its leaves are taken with the mixture with other herbs to treat sunstroke, dysentery, fever and vomiting blood.